GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
- Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
- May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
- Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
- Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Focuses primarily on one of the four architecture disciplines typically within a single business group. Uses best practices and knowledge of technologies and processes that are appropriate for the architecture discipline the incumbent is assigned to improve FIS products and/or services. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach junior technical staff. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years of systems development.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability