Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Computer Teacher
- Creates lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the students in the class.
- Evaluates student performances in class and on tests and provides feedback.
- Assigns special projects to students.
- Communicates students’ progress to parents, particularly regarding students who need tutoring or other extra assistance.
- Provides appropriate resources and learning materials for students.
- Identifies varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently.
- Develops and updates curriculum for the classroom.
- Conducts research.
- Encourages creativity in students.
- Maintains computer laboratories and keeps an inventory of supplies.
- Ensures that computer equipment is functioning properly.
- Maintains accurate records of students’ progress in class and on examinations.
- Keeps order in the classroom and handles student behavior issues in accordance with school system policies.
- Maintains an orderly classroom stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Stays up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom.
- Petitions administrators for updated hardware and software for the classroom.
- Runs the classroom within the allocated budget.
- Keeps all classroom work backed up.
- Ensures that the internet in the classroom is used only for appropriate educational purposes.
- Posts grades and sends grade reports to parents as required by the school system.
- Teaches remote or online classes to adult students who cannot take part in daytime classes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have exceptional computer skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Have superior dexterity for keyboarding and operating a mouse.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good social networking skills.
- Must have understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, hard drives and file storage.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Must be detail oriented and mechanically inclined.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Licensing required in the state of employment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field.
- Continuing education courses for keeping up with technological advancements.
- Certification through the Computer Science Teachers Association or CSTA.
- Time is spent working with students in a climate controlled classroom or laboratory setting.
- Must be willing to teach night classes when necessary.
- Time off in the summer is typical for public school teachers in the computer field.
- Time is spent looking at a computer screen, keyboarding and manipulating a mouse.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Commission, Fresher
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary(10th Pass) (Preferred)
Apply for job